Part of the Museum of London, the Museum of London Docklands opened in 2003 in sugar warehouses built in 1802 on the Isle of Dogs in East London. The museum tells the story of the River Thames and London Docklands from the first port in Roman times up to the closure of the London docks in 1973.
The museum has a permanent collection of a large number of historical objects in as well as models and pictures in 12 galleries. In addition there is the Mudlarks Children’s Gallery,space for temporary exhibitions, a lecture theatre and rooms for talks and events.
The museum is open 10.00-6.00 seven days a week. Admission is FREE.