Leave daylight behind and put your senses to the test in this illuminating exhibition.
Meet the creatures that thrive at night, in pitch-black caves and deep in the sea.
Enter the worlds of nocturnal animals and discover how they find their way around their environment, hunt, mate and evade predators.
Venture into the shadows of a bat cave where intriguing characters dwell in the rocky underworld.
Take a deep breath and immerse yourself in the beauty of underwater bioluminescent display and get up-close to the weird and wonderful life which flourishes in the darkness.
What will you discover?
- Encounter live Mexican blind cave fish that don’t need eyes to navigate.
- See yourself through the eyes of a cave boa.
- Get hands-on with familiar nocturnal animals.
- Smell the distinctive aromas of the bat cave.
- Enjoy breathtaking live footage from the deep sea.
- Hear a symphony of nocturnal sounds and identify the creatures that make them.
Warning: flashing lights
This exhibition contains flashing lights and flickering shadows. While lights do not strobe, those sensitive to flashing lights may find parts of this experience disturbing.
Tickets are £11.50 with concessions. FREE for under 16s